“I’m thrilled to announce that my DJ Camp is returning to The Los Angeles Recording School from September 24-28, 2015 after a smashing success earlier this year. My goal is the cultivate the next generation of mega DJ/producers who will later score the most sought after residencies in Las Vegas, Asia, London and Los Angeles!
This intensive, 5 day DJ Camp is a business program designed by the Electronic Music Academy and myself, catering to those wishing to succeed in careers in electronic music. The “top gun” training program features leading industry experts and producers delivering insider access to DJ & production fundamentals including technical, marketing, social/viral, creative brand-building, and management for DJ/producers passionate about the art of electronic music.
Whether you are a budding artist who wants to kick-start your career or an industry professional who wants to take their career to the next level, this program will be the key to your success in the world of electronic dance music.”
Gold Package: Full Tuition with No Hotel = $1,250
- Hotel Room NOT included • Includes the five days of seminars of instruction • Daily breakfast and lunch • Classroom-style seminars • Lectures • Small group break-outs • In-studio demonstrations • One-on-one interaction with electronic music industry leaders • Graduation banquet hosted by Paul Oakenfold.
Platinum Package: Full Tuition with Hotel = $2,250
- Hotel Room included • Includes the five days of seminars of instruction • Daily breakfast and lunch • Classroom-style seminars • Lectures • Small group break-outs • In-studio demonstrations • One-on-one interaction with electronic music industry leaders • Graduation banquet hosted by Paul Oakenfold.
-Save $250 off tuition if you book now!
(for a limited time only)
The expert speaker lineup includes the following ‘Who’s Who’ from the world of electronic music:
- Paul Oakenfold, considered one of the greatest DJ/Producers in the world, shares his legendary career, from his beginnings in the UK music business, to his phenomenal producing and soundtrack success all over the world.
- Jon Pleeter brings 20 years of music artist representation experience as Vice President of Concerts & Festivals at International Creative Management. Pleeter began as an agent at CAA, where he represented EDM pioneers such as Daft Punk.
- Jeff “Retro” Hill,is the resident DJ at The Hakkasan Group Nightclub, Las Vegas, considered the top nightclub in North America, and also holds residencies at WET Republic Ultra Pool, and the newly opened Omnia Nightclub at Caesars Palace. He’s opened for some of the most prominent DJ’s in the world, including Tiësto, Calvin Harris, Armin Van Buuren, Benny Benassi and David Guetta.
- Matt Meyer joined AM Only as a talent agent in 2012, where he represents a wide range of artists including Cash Cash, Cosmic Gate, Haywyre, Halsey, Krewella, Sam Feldt, Tritonal, and Whilk & Misky.
- David Audė a Grammy nominee, is responsible for official remixes of U2, Madonna, Sting, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, Puff Daddy, Rihanna, Jennifer Lopez,, Depeche Mode, Coldplay, Beyoncé, and Chris Brown, Korn and more, who have entrusted Dave to transform their hits into dance tracks. He has created an unprecedented 95 #1 Billboard tracks.
- Jason Kadlec is a music marketing expert who helped establish the Los Angeles-based digital music companies, INgrooves, Fontana and Topspin. Kadlec has spent years managing websites and online marketing for electronic music artists including Bassnectar, Amon Tobin, and EDM festivals such as Bass Camp.
- Joe Carlone is a leading entertainment attorney whose clients include a broad range of recording artists, record producers, songwriters and composers.
- Daniel Mendoza is the Manager of Content Development at The Recording Academy. Daniel was a driving force behind the introduction of electronic music to The Grammys.
- Nelly Neban is the co-managing director of Axis Artists Management Inc. She has a vast background in concert promotion and artist management with Weintraub Entertainment Group.
- Steve Baltin is a lead writer/contributor for Rolling Stone Magazine and has interviewed some of the world’s top DJ/Producers.
In addition to receiving exclusive access to the top electronic music industry leaders at The Los Angeles Recording School, located in the heart of Hollywood on the corner of Sunset and Vine, all attendees will learn: The Art of the Mix (DJ’ing 101), In-studio Production (Breaking it down), Publishing, Licensing, Marketing, Social Media, Radio and Agents and Management. Attendees will also be exclusive studio guests at the taping of SKEE TV at The Ivar Theatre for Fuse TV on Monday, September 28, 2015.
“This is a great opportunity for me to give back to the electronic music community and to take the time to teach and mentor students who have an interest in an industry that I’ve so proudly been a part of all these years. For me, the chance to make a difference in the careers of budding new artists is something I’ve always wanted to do, and providing this education is truly a dream for me,” says Oakenfold. “The Los Angeles Recording School is an ideal location in the heart of Hollywood, with a faculty whose goal to empower the next generation of entertainment industry professionals is in line with our own.”
“We are very excited to work with Paul to offer such an opportunity to those who are passionate about a career in electronic music. It’s a real-world introduction to the industry by the very people driving it. Our campus, here in the center of the industry in Hollywood, has the recording studios and venues perfect for hosting this event,” says Andrew Mackenzie, Director of Audio Programs at The Los Angeles Recording School.
This venerable location has been home to recording studios used by legendary artists such as Elvis Presley, The Rolling Stones, and Henry Mancini. Events will also be held in the school’s recently renovated, historic Ivar Theatre, a facility that doubles as a live-sound training haven for The Los Angeles Recording School’s Recording Arts students and currently serves as the home for DJ SKEE’s Fuse TV show SKEE TV. The Los Angeles Film School is an accredited, VA-approved higher education institution that offers career-focused Bachelor and Associate of Science degrees in Entertainment Business, Animation & VFX, Game Production & Design, Music Production, Recording Arts, and Film.
The $1500 Tuition for “DJ Camp” includes five full days of classroom-style seminars and instruction, daily breakfast and lunch, lectures, small group break-outs, in-studio demonstrations and one-on-one interaction with electronic music industry leaders. Students enrolled in “DJ Camp” who subsequently enroll in a degree program at The Los Angeles Recording School will also be eligible for special rates and discounts on their tuition. Additionally, all students enrolled in “DJ Camp” will be eligible to win a spot on the line-up for Bass Camp Festival in Lake Tahoe by submitting their original remix to the judges the week of “DJ Camp.”
The program is designed for adults 18+, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. To allow for an intimate learning experience and interaction with the instructors space is limited. For more information and to sign-up, please go to WWW.THEDJCAMP.COM.