Timmy speaks live on the phone with Darude who is currently in Israel preparing to represent his native country Finland at the Eurovision Song Contest – so listen up from 5.15pm Friday 10th May. Darude’s new single Hide features Aussie vocalist JVMIE
- Darude is behind one of the world’s biggest & iconic Dance tracks: ‘Sandstorm’
- Darude will be representing Finland at the forthcoming ‘Eurovision Song Contest 2019’
- Darude will perform his tracks at Eurovision with featured vocalist Sebastian Rejman, from the band ‘The Giant Leap’
- Darude is a multi-platinum, award-winning DJ/Producer
- Darude has won 3x Finnish Grammy Awards
- Darude plays hundreds of club and festival shows around the world each year
- New single ‘Hide’ is written & sung by Aussie Artist: JVMIE aka Jamie Lee Wilson
- Darude has also remixed Austria’s Eurovision entrant Paenda’s single: ‘Limits’ – this is the first time a Eurovision contestant has remixed another contestant’s track, whilst the competition is running (Dance Music Artist’s supporting one another in fine form!)
Darude on Eurovision: “This is a huge challenge for me in many ways, when I was asked to represent Finland, I felt a bit scared at first, but there was no way I could say no to my country! It is an honour to be part of this incredible experience and I only have positive expectations!”
Catch Darude performing at Eurovision Song Contest 2019, promising to create the atmosphere and visuality of his DJ gigs on the Eurovision stage.
“We are really excited that Darude is representing Finland in the Eurovision Song Contest. This is probably the first time that a DJ is taking over the Eurovision stage,” – the producer of Yle’s Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu (UMK), Anssi Autio.